The Library`s Vision
Sharjah Library hopes to be a cultural system and a civilized front that reflects the level of interest in education and knowledge of the individual and the community through providing information streams and unique services.
Library Objectives :
Sharjah library seeks to develop its holdings and provide a wide selection of various information through local and international exhibitions and follow the latest publications in both Arabic, English and other languages used by different segments of society –
• Educational tutorial objective: by providing references, books and various information and multiple self-education items
• Cultural objective: as considering that the library a major cultural center active in the community. Through the dissemination of cultural awareness among members of the community, and provide the pioneers with facilitate the on printed and other non-print materials
• Information technology objective: to provide easier and faster knowledge and information sources with minimal effort and time to serve the scientific research.
• Promotional objective through contributing the library to its visitors in better investment of their time and encourage them to read and develop their knowledge and technical skills.
To achieve the above objectives the Central Library has the following functions:
• Acquisition of books ,references ,scientific journals, letters, audio-visual aids. and other information sources which will benefit researchers.
• Prepare the necessary indexes and provide Electronic Library search to facilitate access to the library holdings.
• Publish the necessary Bibliographic lists, and indexes
Rules and regulations of the library:
• Full commitment to calmness within reading halls and while walking in the aisles
• Full Commitment to instructions regarding smoking, eating and drinking except in designated areas and maintaining the library’s holdings
• Abide by the instructions of both the Internet room and the of audio-visual halll materials and activities hall in the Children. Section.
children under 8 years should be accompanied with their parents.
• Visitors are not allowed to enter to reception areas ,technical sections and stores
• . Beneficiaries have the right to express their opinion and his remarks about the service and place their comments in the suggestions box
• The beneficiary the right to propose titles and topics of interest to his specialty which is not available in the library
• Any person attempts to leave the library with any of it’s holdings illegally will be legally prosecuted