It is considered one of the important sections in the library. The section handles many tasks:
1. Guide the readers and train them how to find the items they require and how to use the resources provided by the library.
2. Handle the library’s circulation system.
3. Exchange inquires about references and other services with other information centers.
4. Reply to all enquiries regarding the library’s services through phone or e-mail.
5. Inform the public of the new books and new arrivals.
6. Link the library with other libraries in order to search in their items.
7. Keep records of the items and subjects that the public is interested in.
8. Return all items to their appropriate shelves.
9. Provide the administration with periodical reports regarding the work flow of the section and suggest ways to overcome the difficulties faced by the section.