• The library offers its services for free under the conditions specified below, unless exceptions are given.
a. external lending is limited to Sharjah Libraries membership
b. A borrower’s card can be obtained from the Library after submitting one personal photographs and photocopy of passport, and Emirates ID
c. Dhs.10/- shall be charged against insurance of a borrower’s card.
d. membership for children under 16 years old requires the consent of the guardian.
e. The minimum period between the issuance and cancellation of a card is three months.
f. The Library has the right to withhold the insurance permanently if the borrower wishes to cancel the library membership before the 3 months minimum period of issuance has passed.
g. As a rule, the replacement of a lost card is possible for a fee of Dhs.10
h. Members can also access the eLibraries
i. Library members get 20% off at 20 publishing companies who have participated in Sharjah International Book Fair.
• External Lending is not permitted for : Periodicals, References, Books of sources, Atlases, Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Guides, Calendars, Books that are rare and not expected to print or publish again, Single copies, Books that are not indexed ( not yet sorted ), and thesis and dissertations. Photocopying of the above no borrowable items are allowed except for some, to avoid wear and tear. Lending Period & renew :
1. determining the duration and number of borrowed items, depends on membership and item type, and the deposit fees shall be collected once for membership duration
a. single card \ 150 AED
i. general can borrow 7 items
ii. researchers can borrow 10 items
iii. special & kids can borrow 5 items
b. family card can borrow 20 items \ 300 AED
c. academic institute can borrow 50 items \ 1000 AED
2. A borrowed book must be returned within a period of 15 days maximum to facilitate other borrowers.
To avoid charges you can renew the loan period of borrowed items twice by the following ways:
– Make a Call or leave a voice message with the basic information of the borrower, including name and membership number.
– Send an e-mail containing information about borrower (Name and membership number) to email@example.com
– Access the library’s website to renew books from your account using membership number and password provided to you by library staff.
The third renewal requires the presence of the borrower at the library, to make sure that the books are not requested by other visitors, and give them the opportunity to benefit from the books
• Upon delay,
o After due date members will received a reminder on his mobile phone and email
o the borrower will be charged 50 files for each book he borrowed daily
o In case of further delay, his card will be suspended for a period equal to the delay.
o The period is then doubled and if the delay exceeds 6 months, then he will be barred from borrowing.
• In case of loss or damage,
o The borrower is responsible for paying the price of books’ binding. Alternatively, the borrower may provide the library with the same edition from the publishing company. The borrower may also be liable to pay three times the price of the book based on the level of damage.
Sharjah Book Authority – Sharjah Public Library
Phone: 0097165166888 – 0097165659995
P.O.Box : 27411
e.mail : firstname.lastname@example.org